Tuesday, October 20, 2009
It is time for the Random Dozen again, hosted by 2nd Cup Of Coffee. You should try it, you might be suprised by some of your answers.
1. Candy corn: Your thoughts?
My thoughts on this are .............why?
2. Briefly, what was the first conversation you ever had with your spouse? (or best friend, if you're not married.) (Or someone significant, like your librarian.)
Uh - oh this could be a long answer. I used to work as a safari guide in Africa and one day I received a radio message from my boss telling me that there were two very demanding and difficult clients heading to our camp and that as the senior guide he wanted me to be their guide whilst they were at our camp. Oh great! I thought, yet more, rude spoiled Americans! So sure enough the vehicle arrived at camp and the two clients were shown to their tents and left to settle in. An hour or two later we were ready to set off on our first safari, as I climbed onto the vehicle one of the two piped up from the back and said "I hope you realise that we are loud, rude, crude Americans!" I smiled sweetly and said "That's fine with me" and we set off. I left it about ten minutes and then I turned round and said something extremely rude and crude! (Don't worry I won't repeat it!) From that moment onwards the particular individual in question was putty in my hands and now, he is my husband!! Funny how things turn out :)
3. Could you ever become a vegetarian?
Absolutely not, I am a carnivore to the core. Quite apart from the fact our evolving to eat meat is what led us to develop beyond other ape relatives.
4. Have you ever dressed up your pet in a costume?
We have a cute pair of little reindeer antlers that our dog has worn occasionaly at Christmas but that is about it.
5. Name something about childhood that you miss (like Clark Bars, Teaberry Gum, Malibu Barbie, cracking fake eggs on people's heads with your fist and "It's the Great Pumpkin" airing only once a year).
What I miss most about childhood is the simplicity of it all. A wonderful naive view of life, no concerns about what tomorrow will bring, it truly is a time of innocence.
6. Have you ever won a trophy? If not, what do you deserve a trophy for?
I used to compete in dressage competitions and apparently I was reasonably good at it because I won a few trophies. I also won a trophy for netball when I was at school!
7. When do you think is the appropriate time to begin playing Christmas music each year?
Whenever it makes you happy to do so :)
8. What's your favorite board game?
I don't often play board games but it would probably be Monopoly.
9. How do you feel about surprises (receiving, not giving)?
I actually like them usually. Although to be honest I can't remember the last time someone gave me a nice surprise. I must say I do like giving them too.
10. Is it easy for you to say, "I'm sorry?"
Ouch this is another of those 'tough for an only child' type of question!
It really depends on what I am saying sorry about. If I genuinely think it is something I am right about then, yes I do find it hard but it is something I have made a conscious effort to be better about as I have gotten older.
11. What is your favorite candle scent?
12. October is traditionally "open house" time in public schools. If you had a literal open house in your home (like a reception) what light snacks would you serve visitors and what would you show them (as in art projects, graded papers) that would uniquely represent you?
Good grief what a question! I would serve snacks that were easy to prepare! And lots of cheese. I am very lazy in the kitchen :) Projects that represent me - well my blog for a start. Probably some of my craft projects, past and present. Don't really have many graded papers except my home study ornithology course so I guess that would have to do. Even the thought of an open house horrifies me, that is my bolt hole where I like to hide from the world!!!
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (32)
- ▼ October (8)